What a Puzzle Nick's Poems Are

What a puzzle Nick's poems are!
I cannot grasp what he is after.
Marx is easier by far!
Why write, if one is out to bar
All comprehension? Does he hafta?
Marx is easier by far.
If only some new thought would jar
Bourgeois perception, as in Kafka!
But Nick's poems empty puzzles are.
I think I would put him on par
With Cage or Pollack: Which is dafter?
Marx is easier by far.
Under what sectarian star
Was he begat? What gnomic laughter
Twists those poems which puzzles are?
Ah me! I'll never know. A for-
Eign joke, a filial disaster!
God! Such puzzles Nick's poems are!
Marx is easier--by far!
When You Were Just a Lad of Twenty
When you were just a lad of twenty,
Wet behind the ears,
You bet me that you wouldn't marry
At least a full ten years.
Well, that was but eight years ago,
And here you are today:
The partner of a lovely bride,
A groom in full array!
A thousand dollars is my prize
Now you've been proven wrong.
The moral is: it's never wise
To think you are too strong
To be touched by the beauty of
An unrestrained affection.
You lost your bet, but won your love:
Now here's to your selection!

Young and Lovely, Strong and Sane

Young and lovely, strong and sane,
Life's a lot of fun.
We snowmobile and laugh and hang
And don't hurt anyone.
You love my blue eyes and blonde hair,
I love your mischievous smile.
We drift a lot among the stars,
Then walk home single file.
Although we're just now starting out,
Only months together,
We'll settle down in Waikiki
And be in love forever!
famous life quotes
famous love quotes
famous quotes
wedding quotes
famous love poems
famous poems
wedding poems
valentines day messages
Valentine's Day Poems
valentines day quotes

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com