Can't You See? Don't You Care

Can't You See? Don't You Care
Can't you see? Don't you care
I want to die?
Don't you listen? Can't you hear
My silent cry?
Won't you turn? Can't you hold
Me to your heart?
Are you afraid of what might follow
Once you start?
Would you rather not believe
I'm in such pain
That all your sense and good advice
Must be in vain?
Would you rather tell yourself
I'll be OK,
And all this adolescent angst
Will go away?
Ah! Would I also swim across
This lake alone!
But if you cannot swim with me,
I know I'll drown.
Dan Phillips Lived a Golden Life
Dan Phillips lived a golden life. His years
Were rich as anyone's, though he died young.
No one lived more, though he did not live long.
His life was large enough to hold our tears.
He had a smile you'd see a mile away.
He took to life like a kid in a candy store.
He was the best of us, and something more,
But he ran out of luck and died one day.
What difference does it make when we are gone
How long we live, or when, like Dan, we fall,
As if life were a mountain we must climb?
Each moment is eternity, sublime
And perfect, like the memory of a song
We know so well one note contains it all.
Dear Son, I Cannot Speak
Dear son, I cannot speak, and yet
I have so much to say to you,
Too much for time and will to net.
Life goes with just this last adieu.
I have so much to say to you,
Far more than I can now convey.
Life goes with just this last adieu
To serve as what I want to say.
Far more than I can now convey,
I love you with a love that yearns
To serve as what I want to say,
Ablaze with joy that bleeds and burns.
I love you with a love that yearns
Too much for time and will to net.
Ablaze with joy that bleeds and burns,
Dear son, I cannot speak, and yet . . .
motivational inspirational quotes
inspirational life quotes
inspirational love quotes
inspirational bible quotes
inspirational quotes
true friendship quotes
real friendship quotes
good friendship quotes
funny friendship quotes
friendship quotes

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com