A Gift's Been Given in Your Loved One's Name

A Gift's Been Given in Your Loved One's Name
A gift's been given in your loved one's name
Through which some bit of good may come of sorrow.
Life is something all of us must borrow,
Returning it, in time, to whence it came.
Pleased be assured that it will be well used,
As every gift that sings of love and light
Will render things less wrong, though never right;
For gifts of morning ought not be refused.
After My Father Gave Me His Blessing
After my father gave me his blessing
For the first time, saying, "God bless you"
As I left him to the darkness,
He held me there and kissed my hand.
For the first time saying, "God bless you"
In all the years that I had loved him,
He held me there and kissed my hand,
And the child shivered with delight.
In all the years that I had loved him,
We understood no need to speak.
The child shivered with delight;
The man in silence turned away.
We understood no need to speak
As I left him to the darkness.
The man in silence turned away
After my father gave me his blessing.
Audrey
Audrey died within my arms,
Undone in infancy.
Despite my helplessness, I felt
Resplendent dignity.
Each soul's a naked gift of grace,
Yet loved by us and Thee.
famous life quotes
famous love quotes
famous quotes
wedding quotes
famous love poems
famous poems
wedding poems
valentines day messages
Valentine's Day Poems
valentines day quotes

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com