Clear Away the Cobwebs from Your Eyes

Clear Away the Cobwebs from Your Eyes
Clear away the cobwebs from your eyes --
Old ways of thinking, doing, wanting, dreaming!
Learn that present truths are future lies,
Undone by what is now well past redeeming.
Make of life a vast experiment
Blessed by passion, toil, terror, pain,
Unafraid to scuttle what you meant,
Sure only that no failure is in vain.
Do this, and you will have a chance to be
A sailor at the edge of what you see,
Yet yearning for what no one can attain.
Could I Have Seen the Consequence
Could I have seen the consequence
Of my bold exploration,
Looking back before I left
Upon my life's creation --
Millions genocidally
Butchered, starved, enslaved
Under laws and governments
Sustained by men depraved --
Despite all this, I would have gone,
And new lands found, and new worlds known,
Yet drawn by winds I craved.

Could We but Have the Clarity of Fate

Could we but have the clarity of fate
Or see the future as we do the past,
Little would we miss the mystery
Unknown to those who know what lies ahead.
Mountains make horizons definite,
Blocking off infinity, the last
Unbroken wave upon this solid sea,
Singing songs that we have long since heard.
Do, then, those few sailors celebrate,
Alone amidst the watery wilderness,
Yet seeking grandly what it is to be.
funny poems
cute poems
cute love quotes
Essay for a love - death poems
How do I - anniversary poems
Your my air - teachers day poems
Serene night - fathers day poems
mothers day poems
Greatest Love Poems
famous love poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com