I Cannot Think You're Not Alive Somewhere

I Cannot Think You're Not Alive Somewhere
I cannot think you're not alive somewhere.
I think of you just as I did before.
No sudden gust of wind has closed the door
Or made your presence vanish in thin air.
I write you this because I know you're there;
That even after death there must be more.
So does faith one's inner sun restore
After bitter darkness few can bear.
My mind and heart have not yet lost a friend
Even though my senses are bereft,
For you remain the witness of my soul.
No mere accident our love can end
So long as I have will and memory left,
And you lie silent on some unknown shoal.
I Didn't Get a Chance to Say Goodbye
I didn't get a chance to say goodbye
To you, to tell you that I loved you, to say
What now must be one long, unbroken cry
Of pain, now that at last you've gone away.
I cannot tell you what a joy it was
To be the one to tend you in your need.
The burden was a gift, for giving does
Not burden one who loves, though loving bleed.
I wish I could have been with you when you,
Perhaps aware, perhaps not, turned towards death
Alone, with no one there to wonder to,
To share your fear, your hand, your one last breath.
I wish, I wish, I wish . . . but it is done,
And now I must surrender what is gone.
I Have One Living Son
I have one living son, Justin,
And two daughters: Letisha and Anastasia.
And three dead sons, my first sons,
Who died because they were too small.
I love them as much as I do the others.
They lived their entire lives within me,
All but a few short, sickly days.
And now I mourn them as I do my other loved ones passed.
Do not think that time together
Has anything to do with grief.
Flesh of my flesh, they are my children.
I think of them often, as I do my parents,
As I would any souls I have loved.
The dead whom we love are like trees on a riverbank:
The river flows by, the trees remain.
Three lovely trees, as tall and thick as any of the others.
funny poems for her
short poems for her
true poems for her
greatest poems for her
love poems for her
short poems for her
cute poems for her
funny poems for her
famous poems for her
true poems for her
greatest poems for her

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com