How Lucky to Have Had So Good a Father

How Lucky to Have Had So Good a Father
How lucky to have had so good a father!
On us his warm, unstinting sun long shone.
We were, of his hardworking life, the center,
Loved for the pure joy of love alone.
Uncanny are the requisites of pleasure,
Coming as they do within the will.
Knowing well where lay his greatest treasure,
Years on years of love he labored still.
How Might a Spirit Settle in the Wind
How might a spirit settle in the wind?
After death, how might a soul find peace?
Love lasts long after lips and laughter cease,
Leaving only memories behind.
Out of longings, one might linen spin,
Weaving well the welkin edged with fleece.
Each spirit must from wandering seek release,
Else ever through the weary midnights wend,
Not resting till love's angels dark descend.

I Am the Mirror of Our Love

I am the mirror of our love,
And you its brazen fire.
To me our love is merely joy;
To you it is your breath.
I am the marker that must move;
You, the fixed desire.
You are what I most enjoy;
I am life or death.
And now you must be put to sleep,
And I remain awake
With years of love ahead of me,
And many pets to go.
But I'm the one who can't help weep
While you, just for my sake,
Come rest your chin upon my knee
And beg to share my woe.
free love poems
short love poems
Love Poems For Him
love poems for her
love poems for her
love poems for him
sad poems for her
sweet poems for her
famous poems for her
romantic poems for her

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com