Frosty Died Last December

Frosty Died Last December
Frosty died last December,
My closest friend for fifteen years.
We were born the same November;
Now I can't put down my tears.
It's not fair that dogs should live
Just a short piece of our lives;
They give us the love we give
To parents, children, husbands, wives.
More loyal than a human love,
More passionate and all-consuming:
No spat would Frosty's love remove,
So fixed on me, so unassuming.
My grief is real, my pain is strong,
Though not all would be so moved;
But I can't think how I'll go on
Without this creature I so loved.

Her Life Was Not as Glorious as Some

Her life was not as glorious as some,
Devoted to her children and their children,
Taken up by quiet tedium:
What's left when dreams are scattered to the wind.
She loved too well, perhaps, and fought too hard
To make a marriage work that wasn't right.
She was, of all bright loveliness, a shard
Struck off to bring our lives the gift of light.
There are those whose lives are shaped by love;
Whose pleasures, rich and full, are found in giving;
Who make our wild hearts bloom and passions move
Into measured fields made lush by living.
Without her all the gold's gone from the day;
She will be missed far more than we can say.
Here's a Little Ditty
Here's a little ditty for
A sailor lost at sea,
An Irishman, most sorely missed
By friends and family.
He'd reached the prime of life when he
Encountered Davy Jones,
And now all that is left of him
Are tears and scattered bones.
He lives in those he left behind,
His loved ones and his mates,
And as they die, he'll die again,
Conjoined with many fates;
Until at last his being, with
A brief, unuttered sigh,
Will yield its presence peacefully,
And bid the world goodbye.
Every day - I Love You Poems
Love Poems For A Girl
valentine's day poems
As I hurt Miss - valentines poems for kids
valentines poems
Cute Love Quotes
love quotes for him
sweet love poems
romantic love poems
sad love poems
famous poems for her

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com