Even Though We've Lived Apart

Even though we've lived apart,
I do not love you less.
There's provision in the heart
For storing tenderness.
There's a love that like a star
Must reconfigure space
To turn the far-flung wanderers
Towards some predestined grace.
Time matters not, nor pain, nor death,
Nor fate as hard as stone.
This truth needs but a single breath,
And that we now have known.
Ah, Father! What a joy to live
With love at last expressed!
Life has no greater gift to give
Than that with which we're blessed.
Every Friday Night I Bless My Children
Every Friday night I bless my children.
I put my hands upon their inclined heads
And say the words my father said to me:
"May God shine His countenance on you."
I put my hands upon their inclined heads,
Chanting with a pure, intense delight.
"May God shine His countenance on you,"
I pray as though my love might make it so.
Chanting with a pure, intense delight,
Each week I play this part with equal joy.
I pray as though my love might make it so,
That God might live with them as He with me.
Each week I play this part with equal joy,
And say the words my father said to me,
That God might live with them as he with me
Every Friday night I bless my children.

F Is for Firm
F is for firm.
A is for absent.
T is for time.
H is for hurt.
E is for even.
R is for repeat.
friendship poems
short poems for kids
short life quotes
short love quotes
free love poem
short quotes
short love poem
short poems
free poems
funny children poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com