Life Blessed Me with a Sunny Disposition

Life blessed me with a sunny disposition
Even as I lived through terrible storms.
Sport was my passion; justice was my mission.
The world, I thought, was something one reforms.
Embrace it, then, with all your warmth and joy!
Rebel, as I did, for, and not against,
Resolving to create, not to destroy,
Open-armed and loving, not incensed.
Delight, exuberance, a child's wonder --
Not naively did I these display.
Even though the wide world split asunder,
Yet one needs to live and love and play.

Make My Death a Canticle for Peace

Make my death a canticle for peace.
Evil has no greater friend than anger,
Making ready converts to its cause.
On me think but of beauty as you pause,
Remembering the service of a stranger
In giving life to purchase your release.
Armies live according to their art.
Love of life at times requires death,
Defending what would else find hungry jaws.
As you enjoy the gift of every breath,
Yet mourn for me with morning in your heart.

Make of Me Whatever You Desire

Make of me whatever you desire.
Empty me of everything but you.
Memory's the light without the fire,
Offering a glimpse of what will do.
Remember me for your sake, not for mine.
I'm nothing now but what you want to see,
A well-wrought miniature of your design,
Laid to rest within your marquetry.
Days of longing are for you alone
As I turn slowly into soil and stone,
Yielding what means nothing more to me.
Maybe I Was Skittish Among Strangers
Maybe I was skittish among strangers:
Only you, my loved ones, owned my heart.
Racing into hiding, I would know,
Given time, the foreigners would go:
Here was home, in which they had no part.
As though I knew my fate, I dodged all dangers;
Nor could I alter it, for all my art.
funny love quotes
funny love poem
funny poems
cute poems
cute love quote
death poems
anniversary poems
teachers day poems
fathers day poems
mothers day poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com