Our Grandson Tyler Was Just Over Seven

Our grandson Tyler was just over seven
When he died while eating supper in our home.
Two weeks earlier he'd talked of heaven,
And of how after death we're not alone.
His best friend said a prayer when he was buried,
And just as if he'd answered from the dead,
We heard the drone of planes high up, unhurried,
And saw the "missing man" fly overhead.
He left behind his mom and little brother,
Pappy, Emma, Uncle Bubba, too;
And ten months old, his baby cousin Jordan,
Who now does all the things he used to do.
We see him in her smile, her hands, her shoulders;
He quiets her and makes her more serene.
He comes to her at night, and to his brother,
And tells them of the wonders he has seen.
He tells them of a paradise of angels
Filled like a billion suns with love and glory,
And of the many souls arranged on stages
Waiting for the end of history;
And of the recent dead, who can return
To tell their loved ones what death has in store,
Who hang around that little ones might learn
The secrets of "life" on the other shore.
Recently I Dreamed I Talked to You
Recently I dreamed I talked to you.
You were in the desert, and you said
That I would never want for love, for you
Would love me now until the end of time.
I cannot think that you are wholly gone,
That one day you could simply be no more,
And it should come about that your bright soul
Would vanish like a rainbow in the darkness.
For me it is as if you were away,
Somewhere on a very long vacation.
And though I know you're dead, you do not seem
To be beyond the boundaries of my love.
Our souls do not abide in days or hours
But in a love that never, never ends.
You will be with me till life is over,
Then I with you somewhere beyond the stars.
sad quotes
short life quotes
short love poem
short love poems
short love quotes
short poems
short poems for kids
short quotes
sweet love poem
sweet love poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com