I Want to Say How Proud I Am of You

I want to say how proud I am of you
That you have broken free of your addiction.
It's something I don't know that I could do
Were I so sorely tried by your affliction.
My years of growing up were on my own,
As you were in the belly of your beast,
The two of us indifferent and alone,
Most in need of love while loving least.
How sad! That you and I have lost those years:
I, of childhood, and you, of your only child.
But now's the time for joy and not for tears,
For you are well, and we are reconciled.
Whatever life may bring or time may prove,
Know that you will always have my love.
My Love for You Is Hungry as the Sea
My love for you is hungry as the sea:
As turbulent, as tidal, as forlorn;
As deep with unrequited mystery;
As elemental, vast, and tempest-torn.
No mountain is more awesome and enduring;
No moon so full of passion for the light;
No garden more forbidden or alluring;
No watchman more acquainted with the night.
I've learned such love leaves me with little pleasure,
Nor does it die from lack of recompense.
It is from birth a precious, haunted treasure,
Long buried just beyond my innocence.
It is a treasure I now offer you:
That you are loved regardless what you do.
Neither Mourn nor Celebrate
Neither mourn nor celebrate
This day that fathers should be kings,
But let it be appropriate
To sing of sunlight sorrow brings.
This day that fathers should be kings
Our child's death has all undone.
To sing of sunlight sorrow brings
Brings back in tears our dearest one.
Our child's death has all undone
Our joy in life, and yet our pain
Brings back in tears our dearest one
That we might hold him once again.
All joy in life must end in pain,
So let it be appropriate
That we might hold him once again
And neither mourn nor celebrate.
Beautiful Love Poems
I Love You Poems
Love Poems For A Girl
valentines poems
Cute Love Quotes
love quotes for him
sweet love poems
romantic love poems
sad love poems
free love poems
short love poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com