I Sometimes Think that I Could Be Alone

I sometimes think that I could be alone:
Really alone, with neither God nor friends.
The people near me then might well be stone:
Just faces on a frieze that never ends.
And I would travel in my mind towards death,
A world within a world sealed like a tomb.
My thoughts would be as silent as my breath,
And, like my breath, expire at my doom.
Such thoughts would make me shudder, were not you
A world where I may enter and find rest.
A rock gives way within, and I walk through
To be in laughing eyes a welcome guest.
Thank God I have you, friend, that I might stay
And be as I could be no other way.
I Used to Doubt You Cared for Me
I used to doubt you cared for me
When love was bright and blue.
We ran like puppies through a field,
But this I never knew.
We both said we were friends for life,
Not knowing what it meant,
Not knowing how to go through hell
And not somehow repent;
Not knowing love was something hard,
Like stone against the wind,
And life itself might be a prize
The heart would leave behind.
But now I know the depth of love,
And it was worth the pain,
Though not for love nor life would I
Go through that hell again!

I Would Not Ask You to Forget

I would not ask you to forget
How I've betrayed your trust.
I'm asking, though, that you forgive
Because I feel I must.
I can't just let our friendship go
Nor let this silence last.
I know I can't undo what's done,
But, please, let past be past.
Let my mistake be memory
Where you may keep your pain,
While I annihilate this thing
I'll never do again.
And let us once again renew
A friendship that is real:
Limping, yes, but still alive,
With wounds that time can heal.
sweet quotes
sweet love quotes
Valentines Poems
Valentines Quotes
valentines day quotes
Valentine's Day Poems
Valentine's Day Poems
valentines day messages
wedding poems
famous poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com