Maybe Somewhere There's a World Where One

Maybe somewhere there's a world where one
Alone might live unloved and happy still,
Dependent only on a well-wrought will
Imposing love upon a world of stone.
No such world awaits me. I am yours
As surely as sweet music needs an ear;
Wealth, a cause; or pain, a friendly tear;
Eve, the sunlit moon that sight restores.
Do this, though, for you, and not for me;
Simply for your own sake, not for mine:
Read the letters that begin each line,
In which I put my poor wish, vertically.
There Is a Time when Freedom Must Be Bound
There is a time when freedom must be bound
By what we freely choose to call our own.
For if not, someday we will have found
That we have made the choice to be alone.
I cannot call my love for you a choice:
I simply made a turn and you were there;
And all I was came singing with one voice
To lift my soul ten feet into the air.
But lightning bolts do not outlast the storm:
The years demand not ecstasy but will.
My love for you must take a different form,
One that lasts a lifetime, deep and still.
And so I make my choice, if you'll agree,
And seek your answer: Will you marry me?
What I Want to Ask of You Is this
What I want to ask of you is this,
If I can find the nerve to make the leap:
Life scatters dreams across the hills of sleep,
Lest we be too easy in our bliss.
Yet I am aware what I might miss.
Only what we treasure can we keep,
Ultimately sowing what we reap,
Modeling a world upon a kiss.
And so I must reveal to you my heart,
Recalling all my courage from its rest,
Ready for whatever word might be.
You are all the object of my quest,
My cynosure, my life, my other part.
Each line of this begins my urgent plea.
inspirational love quotes
inspirational life quotes
motivational inspirational quotes
sad poems
sad love poems
sweet poems
sweet love poems
sad quotes
sad love quotes
sweet quotes

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com