Mostly, I Would Like to Be Remembered

Mostly, I would like to be remembered
As someone who was passionate for life.
The days of unsought ecstasies are numbered,
However long we linger in the light.
I was one who cultivated wonder,
Less of one contented to explain,
Delighted by the promises of hunger,
Enduring for their joy the years of pain.
Gifts I had aplenty: Some I savored,
Others sacrificed for others' needs.
Remember me as someone who was favored,
Despite constraints, to tumble in the leads,
Ocean to what winds I could not be,
Nightrider through what worlds I could not see.
My Face Is an Icon, My Life a Scrim
My face is an icon, my life a scrim
Alight with meaning, my words inscribed
Reductively in stone, a hymn
To dreams annually revived.
In me you found a founding father
New, like Lincoln a colossus
Late arrived: righteous Other,
Unavenging nemesis,
The token nigger of American
Heroes, aggrieved but restrained,
Engaged but non-partisan,
Radical but house-trained.
Know that I still believe in you,
In spite of what you've done to me.
Nor can a holiday a truth
Give flesh long flayed by memory.

My God Was the Future

My God was the future. I'm with Him now,
As inchoate as we must always be,
Xeroxing my position on eternity.
Go find me in the future of your dreams,
Or in the box wherein you hide your zeal;
Remember me when fear says what is real,
Dictating truths to which your hopes must bow.
Only fierce passion a misplaced heart redeems:
Nothing less shall be my legacy.
No Man or Child Could Love You More than I
No man or child could love you more than I.
In you I found my master, god, and friend.
Maybe there were claims I did contend,
Refusing to do this or that, but my
Only happiness was in your love,
Deserved or not, a grace my will would prove.
Greatest Love Poems
famous love poems
Wedding Love Poems
True Love Poems
Teen Love Poems
Lost Love Poems
Funny Love Poems
Birthday Poems
cute love poems
Beautiful Love Poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com