Mom Lived Her Life for Love of Friends and Family

Mom Lived Her Life for Love of Friends and Family
Mom lived her life for love of friends and family,
Neither asking for nor wanting a return.
Her days became a sunlit homily,
With others' joy her joy and main concern.
When we were ill, she also became sick;
When we were cut, she, too, began to bleed.
Of our oil lamp she was the wick,
Drawing her bright flame from our need.
Some say that such behavior's out of date:
That self-fulfillment is the way to grace.
But Mom, without much choice, then chose her fate,
Finding greater truth in an embrace.
She lives on in the sparkle in our eyes:
Laughing, quiet, gentle, loving, wise.
My Mother Passed Away on June the Fifth
My mother passed away on June the fifth.*
I loved her deeply; now she's simply gone.
All my life I'd known that I was loved,
Living in the circle of her arms.
I can't believe her love is not somewhere,
So strong it was, so much a part of me.
I feel it in the harsh salt of the sea
And in the stinging sadness of the wind.
I ride the waves along the rock-strewn shore.
No one watches me with fear and pride.
Now among the stars I am alone.
In her heart I had my only home.
*Feel free to change the date.
Neither Mourn nor Celebrate
Neither mourn nor celebrate
This day that fathers should be kings,
But let it be appropriate
To sing of sunlight sorrow brings.
This day that fathers should be kings
Our child's death has all undone.
To sing of sunlight sorrow brings
Brings back in tears our dearest one.
Our child's death has all undone
Our joy in life, and yet our pain
Brings back in tears our dearest one
That we might hold him once again.
All joy in life must end in pain,
So let it be appropriate
That we might hold him once again
And neither mourn nor celebrate.
friendship poems
friendship quotes
funny children poems
funny friendship quotes
Funny Love Poems
funny poems
good friendship quotes
Greatest Love Poems
Hope Poems
I Love You Poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com