Clarity Is Something That I Savored

Clarity is something that I savored,
Lending reason to a worthy cause.
An uncommitted life is not worth living,
Relinquishing the claims for the rewards,
Embracing the illusions of the favored.
Remember me as one who never wavered,
Obeying stubbornly the highest laws,
Defending what had little chance of winning,
Not caring for the consequence, or giving
Even one brief glance at waiting jaws,
Yet loving well the world for which I labored.
Could I But Give You Comfort at My Death
Could I but give you comfort in my death,
How might I tell you what you meant to me?
All I did, both night and day, was love you,
Rulers of my kingdom and my heart.
Like gods, at last you claimed my painful breath,
Opening the door to mystery,
The final gift of all the gifts you gave me,
Taking what I could no longer give you
Even if I tried with all my art.
Death Came to Me While I Was at a Meeting
Death came to me while I was at a meeting,
Opened up my chest and wandered in.
Nor did it leave until a few days later,
Satisfied it need not come again.
It was a death both unforeseen and fitting,
Living as I did for what I did,
Being one averse to merely being,
Engaged in service to the world I would.
Remember me, then, as I was when death
Made its sudden entrance to my heart:
Attentive in my seat, my wife beside me,
Night come, the meeting just about to start.
Ever I Loved You, Though I Could Not Have You
Ever I loved you, though I could not have you.
Most of my life was lived in Charlotte's shadow.
I stalked the house, meowing, muttering,
Love my joy, my burden, and my sorrow.
Yet not in silence did I do without you.
inspirational life quotes
inspirational love quotes
inspirational bible quotes
inspirational quotes
true friendship quotes
real friendship quotes
good friendship quotes
funny friendship quotes
friendship quotes
friendship poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com