Retirement Requires a Goodbye

Retirement requires a goodbye,
Entailing a sudden separation.
The wound is often deeper than the why:
In truth, an unexpected revelation.
Ravenous the passage of the years
Even as we spend the days together,
Meaning more than we can tell with tears,
Each entangled in the constant other.
Now you must go, and we remain behind;*
Ties so strong will not so soon unbind.
Great Bosses Grant the Glory They Receive
Great bosses grant the glory they receive,
Offering their praise and their devotion.
On them the mantle settles like a cloak
Designed to shelter lots of little folk,
Bearing them along in its emotion.
Yet freely we give more than we receive,
Eager to float that ship upon our ocean.
Goodbye, My Lover and My Friend
Goodbye, my lover and my friend,
On whom I lean my life,
On whom my fortunes now depend,
Do, for me, keep safe.
Be brave, my love, but also know
You live not just for one, but two,
Even as I wait.
Valentines Quotes
Valentines Poems
sweet love quotes
sweet quotes
sad love quotes
sad quotes
sweet love poems
sweet poems
sad love poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com