You Feel the Fortune of Your Years

You feel the fortune of your years,
I hope. For all your children's love
This day must bring you happy tears
And thoughts that joyful music prove.
I hope, for all your children's love,
There is an island, be it small,
And thoughts that joyful music prove
Beyond what years you may recall.
There is an island, be it small,
Amid the passions of the sea,
Beyond what years you may recall,
Where you in silent grace can be.
Amid the passions of the sea,
This day must bring you happy tears.
Where you in silent grace can be,
You feel the fortune of your years.
You Taught Me How to Love You
You taught me how to love you by
The way that you loved me;
And by your unseen sustenance,
To see what you could see.
You gave to me through who you were
The gift of what I am.
Your pride in me is now my pride;
Your faith, my caravan.
Your life does not conclude with death,
Nor will it end with mine,
For all the lives I touch, you touch,
And so on through all time.
You've Been Everything to Me
You've been everything to me: a father,
Teacher, playmate, model, conscience, friend.
Sometimes I'm not certain why you bother,
If your feelings on my words depend.
I know I haven't been the child I should:
Far from it, and I really can't say why.
I know exactly what I'd label good,
But in the real world something goes awry.
Underneath my actions there is love,
Gratitude, respect, and admiration.
Sometimes I don't know what I'm thinking of,
But I thank God you're in for the duration.
I'm sorry, sorry for the things I do,
But please believe I cherish Mom and you.
funny friendship quotes friendship quotes friendship poems short poems for kids short life quotes short love quotes free love poem short quotes short love poem short poems free poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com