I Love You, but I'm Not in Love with You

I love you, but I'm not in love with you.
I want your friendship minus your desire.
I would not lead you falsely or betray you.
I feel the tenderness, but not the fire.
I have no reason for my lack of yearning,
No explanation for what I don't feel,
No other love to whom I might be turning,
No anguish to suggest this isn't real.
Passion is a horse that knows no master,
And I cannot with fences make it stay.
It must run free towards daylight or disaster,
Awake to glory in no other way.
So I must say what you don't want to hear,
But it's a truth that both of us must bear.
I Miss You on Your Birthday
I miss you on your birthday,
Not only for your smile,
But for the piece of me that's gone,
Left within your care.
I'm in an empty hallway
And have been for awhile,
Gazing inwardly towards home,
Neither here nor there.
How quickly we've turned distant!
The months pass by like years.
How could friends so inseparable
So soon seem so apart!
How imprecise the instant
Held hostage by my tears!
Though Time may seem insatiable,
I have you in my heart.
I Pray for You and Wish I Could Do More
I pray for you and wish I could do more,
But more I cannot do from far away.
Like leaves before the wind we cannot stay,
Ripped dancing, dancing to the forest floor.
I wish I could your ailing health restore
And bring you to the strength of yesterday,
But all we mortal souls can do is pray
That God might alter what we have in store.
The beauty in our fragile life is love,
The only thing that makes the moment matter,
The golden thread that binds us all in light.
I wish, I wish I could your pain remove,
But like a wall the truth my will must shatter,
And so I send my prayers into the night.
inspirational life quotes
motivational inspirational quotes
Sad Poems
sad love poems
sweet poems
sweet love poems
sad quotes
sad love quotes
sad love quotes
sad love quotes

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com