Thank You for Helping Me to Die

Thank you for helping me to die.
How long it took, and so much pain!
All we shared so lavishly
Now must alone with you remain,
Knowing what, though still not why.
You must enjoy our love, while I
Of need of love have slipped the chain,
Undoing what you did for me.
Thank You for Leaving Me Your Son
Thank you for leaving me your son.
He brings me life, as once you did for him.
Although I cannot hope to salve his grief,
Nor fill his cup of joy back to the brim,
Know your flame of love has been passed on.
Your memory will help my love along,
Out of pain his happiness to win
Upon the sweet green fields of my belief.
Thank You for Naming Yours after Our Own
Thank you for naming yours after our own,
Holding a bit of his being in place.
A name is a mask for a sojourning soul,
Nothingness left with a word for a face,
Knight of the night seeking honor alone.
Your kindness has given his memory a trace
Of the living, that he might by name still be known,
Undoing the darkness that death would make whole.
Thank You for the Lovely Card
Thank you for the lovely card,
Heartfelt, welcome, warm:
A note amid cacaphony
Now reaching for a harmony
Kind words and friends will calm.
Yet loss is always hard,
Opening to sympathy,
Undone by love and dawn.
Life Poems
Hope Poems
Nature Poems
Christmas Poems
Beauty Poems
langston poems
world quotes
world poems
world poetry
world poem

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com