Happy Father's Day to One Whose Love

Happy Father's Day to one whose love
Asks nothing more than that it more might give!
Praised be those whose self-love selfless proves;
Praised be those who by such pleasure live.
Years of longing find no better plight,
For everything that is, is ever here.
A love that gives, gives unalloyed delight,
Taking in more breath than it can bear.
How lovely, then, to give this day to you,
Embracing who would rather us embrace,
Rejoicing in the ballet old anew,
'Twixt give and give a shy and awkward grace!
So may you ever be on Father's Day,
Despite yourself, the hero of the play,
Accepting from your loved ones what you would
Yet give yourself to them, if you but could.
Happy Father's Day to Those Who Love
Happy Father's Day to those who love
As amply as the angels love the light,
Pleased to be for us the scourge of night
Pacifying rage we know not of.
Yours the passions in the pit that prove
Fierce enough to fend off nameless blight,
And yours alone the rectitude to right
The jigsaws jumbled when the monsters move.
How came you to such competence and valor
Even as we wait to take your places,
Rife with fear, uncertain of our courage,
'Twixt the world and chaos bent on pain?
Since we first knew, we knew no hint of failure,
Desperate as we were for your good graces,
As you must sometimes look back at your knowledge,
Yearning to be innocent again.
I Do Not See You Often
I do not see you often, but
I see you every day.
I've taken you along with me
As I have grown away.
We talk about the things that fill
A life with love and pain,
But our timeless golden time,
Unspoken, still remains.
You will always be my dad,
And I, your darling daughter.
The days may turn like waterwheels,
But that will never change.
The thought of you will make me glad
No matter where I wander.
You are the place that cannot feel
Uncanny, dark, or strange.
cute love poem
funny love quotes
funny love poem
funny poems
cute poems
cute love quote
death poems
anniversary poems
teachers day poems
fathers day poems
Love Poems For Her

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com