Rest in Peace, My Loved One, Rest in Peace

Rest in peace, my loved one, rest in peace,
Eternally, essentially at rest.
Sleep the sleep of those who do not dream,
The dark oblivion that knows no pain.
Interred within my heart, you will remain
Neither fixed nor flowing with the stream,
Part me, part you, part child by angels blessed,
Embraced by those in whose arms sorrows cease.
All my wakeful nights, my days distressed,
Called to account, your slumber will redeem,
Even as I haunt you once again.
Several Days Before I Was to Die
Several days before I was to die
A white dove flew into my garden.
It had one black spot on its tail,
As if a drop of ink had soiled
Its purity. It looked at me
As birds do: head sideways,
Neck twisted, almost upside down;
Then went the other way, fluttered,
Cooed, straightened, and stared at me
With more than human stillness. Our eyes
Met, and I felt some understanding
Pass between us, as if it sensed
I was to die and felt compassion.
And then I knew that I would live.
Weeks after my miracle
The dove returned, nesting near me,
An ordinary bird. Of course
I hold it dear. But who lived in
Its eyes? Whose compassion sent
The silent thoughts that turned my will?
I know my own imagination
May have spoken through the bird,
Lifting me from death. But surely
What we'll never understand
Far surpasses what we know.
The dove knows more than we. And I,
Returned from death, am like a boulder
Lifted up and left upon the shore
By some majestic wave.
Some Losses Seem to Augur Endless Night
Some losses seem to augur endless night,
Years and years of darkness unrelieved.
Mourning knows no morning, nor does pain,
Peeling like a bell through windswept rain,
As those who grieve have cause to be aggrieved.
Take comfort, then, in hand-held candlelight,
However dim or distantly perceived,
Yet shining with what hope might hope regain.
sweet love quotes
sweet poem
sweet quotes
teachers day poems
Teen Love Poems
true friendship quotes
True Love Poems
Valentine's Day Poems
valentines day messages
valentines day quotes

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com