There's No Friend Quite like an Older Sister

There's no friend quite like an older sister.
Often when I rummage through our lives,
Memories like orange-colored lanterns
Yield your face, gold against the darkness.
So many times you were what I would be,
Initiating dreams that now are me,
Showing me my youth in all its starkness,
Treating with soft charm my fiercest phantoms.
Each time I think of you, my smile revives,
Recalling when I was your little blister.

To Lose Someone Who's Loved You All Your Life

To lose someone who's loved you all your life,
Having held you long against the darkness,
And felt the press of friends upon your sadness,
Need cutting through your torment like a knife . . .
Kindness is a sign of inner plenty:
Yours does much to mitigate my pain.
Of grief comes neither clarity nor gain
Unless friends fill its passion with their beauty.

To Say Goodbye's Impossible Forever

To say goodbye's impossible forever,
And yet we must too soon exchange goodbyes.
No magnitude of love when someone dies
Can manage the immensity of never.
Yet even death cannot our friendship sever
Though you may rest somewhere beyond our sighs
And all the talk of afterlife be lies.
Eternity is our brief glimpse of ever.
Even as each breeze must alter time
And each unruly rock reshape the sea,
So love lasts beyond our consciousness.
Each pulse of life's a piece of the sublime,
A breath so full of grace it cannot be,
A wave that ripples endlessly through darkness.
valentines day quotes
Valentines Quotes
Valentines Poems
sweet love quotes
sweet quotes
sad love quotes
sad quotes
sweet love poems
sweet poems
sad love poems

Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Asilonline - Find me on Bloggers.com